Thursday, March 02, 2006

The morning after...


The morning after when I opened the window I remembered that once we both looked at dawn with delight. My body naked trembled by the sight of your talented hands...my love...my love...will we ever love that sweet? Wait for me with delight because in your mouth I will render my passion, in your arms my worries and sorrows. Your kisses, sweet semen of Heaven, wait, for my longing is patient of your tender desire. Stay by the fire, holding dreams in your heart. Long the wait has been, my sweet love, but soon the gate will open and the ocean will appease this great thunder.
I shall for ever write these words in blood, the ink of everlasting. In white sheets of ocean foam I draw the tale of lovers dwelling in eartly sorrows. For the gods have witnessed the true faith of love, and pleased they held a place of bliss for those who taste its savours.

HUMBERTA ARAUJO

A little token in antecipation of Women's Day. I hope, if you are in Toronto, you can visit the photo exhibition I am preparting at the Portuguese Consulate on Women and Emigration. To all of you men out there, don't forget the ones who have loved, and who have helped you through difiicult times.


A Cônsul-Geral de Portugal em Toronto
Drª Maria Amélia Paiva

tem o prazer de convidar V.Exª para uma sessão comemorativa
do Dia Internacional das Mulheres subordinada ao tema


“Testemunhos de Mulheres Emigrantes Portuguesas”


na

Galeria Almada Negreiros
Consulado-Geral de Portugal em Toronto
438 University Avenue, 14º andar

Terça-feira, dia 7 de Março de 2006, das 17:30 às 19:30 horas

The Consul General of Portugal in Toronto
Dr. Maria Amélia Paiva

requests the pleasure of your company at a session commemorating
International Women’s Day titled


“Narratives of Portuguese Immigrant Women”


at the

Gallery Almada Negreiros
Consulate General of Portugal
438 University Avenue, 14th floor

Tuesday, March 7th, 2006 from 5:30 to 7:30 pmComemoração Dia Internacional das Mulheres
Testemunhos de Mulheres Emigrantes Portuguesas em Toronto
Consulado Geral de Portugal em Toronto
7 de Março de 2006, das 17.30 às 19.30



1. Duas canções – Judith Cohen e Tamar Cohen
2. Introdução e Boas Vindas pela Cônsul Geral de Portugal, Mª Amélia Paiva
3. Apresentação tema - Humberta Araújo
4. Testemunhos:
Rosa de Sousa
Cristina Marques
Felicidade Macedo Rodrigues
Irene Blayer
Ana Fonseca
Mª Céu Oliveira
Ana Bailão
Milai Sousa
Clara Abreu
Idalina Silva
Maggie Unção

4. Momento musical com Judith Cohen e Tamar Cohen
5. Encerramento pela Cônsul Geral de Portugal

3 comments:

Vida said...

Bom dia Humberta, parabéns pelo trabalho, texto e fotos muito bonitos. Não posso estar presente com pena, mas de forma antecipada te dou novamente os parabéns pelo trabalho do dia 8. Este dia é um dia que não me diz muita coisa, faz uma visita ao meu blog no dia 8, estou a preparar um trabalho se o tempo mo permitir, para perceberes.

Beijinhos

island said...

Ok tenho a certeza que vai ser coisa bonita.

bjs

musalia said...

os melhores desejos de sucesso para a exposição, Humberta!

só agora compreendi na sua totalidade o comentário no meu blog:)
belissimo texto!!!
beijos.