Thursday, December 29, 2005

Becoming a Blogger

There is always time for a first time. So here I am. Happy, frightened. It doesn't really matter. What is important is that we are together sharing my hopes of becoming fairly good mastering the intricate secrets of the blog world. I am sure I will have lots of help from you all. Thank you for this remarkable medium.

Há sempre uma vez para uma primeira vez. Aqui estou. Feliz, assustada e desconfiada. Mas tudo isso pouco importa. O que realmente importa é o facto de estarmos juntos partilhando as minhas esperanças de conseguir descobrir os intrincados segredos do mundo blog. Tenho a certeza que contarei com a ajuda de todos vós. Obrigado por este admirável média.

I came from far. Maybe not that far now. It has all become to close and familiar. The world, the stories, the laughs and the tears. They all feel, smell and taste the same. As humans we all share emotions and fears. I came from Azores, the portuguese islands. And with canadians of many nationalities I share the diaspora of all men and women who once left home. And I was reborn.

Vim de longe. Talvez nem tão longe agora. Tudo se tornou perto e familiar. O mundo, as estórias, as gargalhadas e as lágrimas. Partilham os sentidos, os cheiros, os paladares. Como seres humanos todos comungamos de emoções e medos. Vim dos Açores, as ilhas portuguesas. Tal como muitos canadianos de diversas nacionalidades partilho a diáspora de todos os homens e mulheres que um dia deixaram o lar. E assim renasci.

No comments: