Saturday, December 31, 2005

WHEN THE EYES OF THE ALMIGHTY

When the eyes of the Almighty
Turn upon mine, I wish
To have them bathed in diamonds
clear, sure, as the coastline
of motherland where I was told
to turn my thoughts to Heaven
and my doubts to certainty.
A long journey has begun, since
those days of innocence and grace.
I have walked heaven and hell, and
through all I found love and despair.
With all I shared a bond of humanity,
so terrifying and liberating.
Among graceful and ungraceful
I walked and gathered crumbs and oysters.
My table had a spare plate that fed
roses and thorns alike.
Upon my last breath, I wish to see
all with whom I shared a laugh or a tear.
And when the eyes of the Almighty
turn upon mine I wish to hear
the ocean roar sending a dew of fresh water
on my face. Then, sure then, will I be
of my place in eternity.

H.ARAUJO June 9 2005

No comments: