Sunday, January 08, 2006

JOÃO, I miss you...JOÃO tenho saudades tuas

He remindes me of my grandma Beatriz. She loved her pigs. And how sad she was when Winter announced itself in the islands ... it was time for the killing of the pig. It meant food for the family for a full year! I myself witnessed Grandma running to hide at the shoemaker's house, a neighbour. Beatriz would cover her hears with her hands to push away the screams of pain of her beloved animal.
The story of João - I named this pig João in memory of one of my mom's pigs - will be revealed to you soon. Stay tunned!!!!!
Este porquinho faz-me lembrar a minha avó Beatriz. Ela adorava os seus porcos. Triste ficava quando o Inverno se anunciava na ilha...era tempo para a matança do porco. E eu fui testemunha da sua dor e de como ela corria para casa do sapateiro para tentar fugir dos seus gritos alucinantes.
A história de João - este simpático porquinho da foto - chamei-o João em memória de um porco de minha mãe - ser-vos-á contada brevemente.
FIQUE À ESPRTEITA!!!!!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: